The Artificial Intelligence Research Center
The Artificial Intelligence Research Center was established as a national center of artificial intelligence research on May 1, 2015. The center will be actively engaged in close cooperation with industry and other research institutions in Japan and worldwide. We promote research into basic AI technologies as well as their application to real-world problems.
What's New Japanese
- March 2, 2017
- Dr. Asako Kanezaki, Living Intelligence Research Team was placed at the top of a ranking list in RGB-D Object-to-CAD Retrieval track and Large-scale 3D Shape Retrieval from ShapeNet Core55 track at SHREC2017 (3D Shape Retrieval Contest 2017) last month.
- February 20, 2017
- AIST-Tokyo Tech Real World Big-Data Computation Open Innovation Laboratory is innaugurated. Please refer this page (in Japanese) for further information.
- February 2, 2017
- Our team, FONT from Intelligent Bioinformatics Research Team was placed at the top of a ranking list in multimer predictions at CASP (12th Community Wide Experiment on the Critical Assessment of Techniques for Protein Structure Prediction) last year. Please refer this page for further information.
- February 1, 2017
- Panasonic-AIST Advanced AI Cooperative Research Laboratory is innaugurated. Please refer this page (in Japanese) for further information.
- January 16, 2017
- Nobel Prize Dialogue Tokyo 2017 will be held on 26th, February, 2017 (Venue: The Tokyo International Forum). The free of charge, full-day event is inspired by Nobel Week Dialogue which has been taking place in Sweden in Nobel Week since 2012. Distinguished Nobel Laureates and a number of world leading researchers and intellectuals will discuss "The Future of Intelligence" at the interface of science and society. Please refer this page for further information.
- January 11, 2017
- National Institute for Land and Infrastructure Management (NILIM) and AIST announced they started a joint research project on landslide disaster detection using AI and IoT technologies. The collaborative research project aims to develop the next-generation sensor system on landslide disaster detection. Please refer this page (in Japanese) for further information.
- January 11, 2017
- Full day mini workshop for global wildfire prevention (Date: 16th, January, 2017 / Place: AIST Tokyo waterfront [on 11th floor of the annex] ) will be held. Please refer this page for further information. Contact: AIRC Geoinformation Science Team (gsrt-m-ml [atmark] aist.go.jp)
- January 10, 2017
- Axelspace Corporation and the AIST's Artificial Intelligence Research Center (AIRC) have signed a collaboration contract for the research of advanced machine learning methods focused on analyzing and processing satellite images. Please refer this page for further information.
- January 4, 2017
- Full day workshop on AI in Automation (Date: 2nd, June, 2017 / Place: Sands Expo Convention Center, Singapore) will be held in conjunction with IEEE ICRA 2017. Recent advancements on AI related technologies for automation of production manufacturing will be introduced with this workshop. Many speakers from Japan are involved in the NEDO AI-robotics national project and will present the state of the progress.
- November 29, 2016
- The National Cancer Center Japan (NCC), Preferred Networks, Inc., a private R&D company, and the AIST's Artificial Intelligence Research Center (AIRC) announced that they will launch a joint research project to develop a system for cancer diagnosis and treatment utilizing artificial intelligence technologies. Please refer this page (in Japanese) for further information.
Artificial Intelligence Research Center, AIST
AIST Tokyo Waterfront, 2-3-26, Aomi, Koto-ku, Tokyo 135-0064, Japan